Winner of Digital Workplace Leader of the Year 2021: Linda Lee, DBS Bank
In a Digital Workplace Live special episode focused on the 2021 award winners, Nancy Goebel, DWG’s Managing Director for Member Services, revealed that the winner of Digital Workplace Leader of the Year 2021 is Linda Lee, Head of Future of Work at DBS Bank.
Now in their fifth year, the awards are produced by DWG and celebrate organizations and practitioners who have excelled in creating well-executed, high-performing digital workplace environments.
Linda Lee won the top prize from among an impressive shortlist of entrants:
- Ashley Knight, Product Owner, Enterprise Mobility, Conferencing and Workplace Automation – Fidelity International
- Betsy Codding, Head of Digital Communications and Multimedia – MassMutual
- Brion Goudreau, Senior Director, Web & Commerce Solutions – PepsiCo Inc
- Dawn Hancock, Senior Director, Knowledge Management & Internal Communications – Nordic Consulting
- Elisha McCallum, Director, Global Communications – Finning
- Graham Kennedy, Domain Lead, Digital Workplace – Fidelity Investments.
- Neil Morgan, Head of Digital Workplace Experience – Glencore
Nancy Goebel commented:
“Behind every strong digital workplace programme is a formidable leader who embodies vision, tenacity, ambition and proven results. Linda Lee is just such a leader. This follows on from the DBS team picking up the 2020 win as Digital Workplace of the Year. Congratulations, Linda Lee, this win is so well deserved!”
With a financial services career spanning nearly two decades, Linda Lee became DBS Bank’s first ever Head of Future of Work in 2018. In this role she’s been at the forefront of the transformation of the bank’s digital workplace, pioneering an ambitious vision to put the employee experience (EX) on a par with the customer experience.
Lee’s relentless focus on evolving the EX is underpinned by a motto for her team of: “Achieve more, frustrate less”. This is applied systematically to both current and future employee needs. In fact, by anticipating employees’ future digital workplace needs, DBS Bank had high readiness for non-office working during the pandemic. Under Lee’s leadership, initiatives such as the creation of a virtual assistant, ‘OneBot’, and the reimagining of the intranet at the heart of the digital workplace have demonstrated powerful results, including strong employee satisfaction with the tools.
Lee is known for extensive collaboration with both stakeholders and employees, holding herself and the team to account with a data-driven approach and fostering experimentation and co-creation to deliver a digital workplace focused on employee needs now and in the future. She has led the team to winning several awards including DWG’s Digital Workplace of the Year 2020 and Modern Intranet of the Year 2021.
Screenshot of the DBS intranet
Hear Linda Lee in conversation with DWG CEO Paul Miller on the Digital Workplace Impact podcast.
The entry and judgement criteria for these global awards are underpinned by the collective knowledge and experience of DWG research, benchmarking and expertise, plus extensive industry insights. The 2022 Awards will open in January –perhaps your organization could be a winner. Look out on our website for the entry period opening.
Read these blogs to help you enter:
- 6 reasons why entering the Digital Workplace of the Year Awards could benefit you and your organization
- Digital Workplace Awards Hall of Fame
- 6 pieces of advice for entering the Awards
Categorised in: Digital Workplace of the Year Awards