What are cookies?
The cookies used on this website have been categorised as per the ICC UK Cookie Guide:
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like access to online subscriptions or publications, cannot be provided.
- CMS Cookies – The Digital Workplace Group’s content management system uses a “session” cookie called: wp-settings-2 and wp-settings-time-2.
This cookie is automatically deleted when the user’s browser is closed. It is used to enable our websites to quickly react to users’ needs, e.g. to see whether you are a registered user and, if so, to enable you to log in to use certain services on our websites.
Category 2: performance cookies.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All of the information that these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Google Analytics is used by this site to gather usage data. Google Analytics employs several cookies including: __utma, __utmb,__utmc, __utmv, __utmz.
Category 3: functionality cookies.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect are anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. The types of functionality cookies employed by this site include:
- Contact form and sign-up cookies via Wufoo. These cookies enable us to store your contact inquiries if you complete and submit forms on this site. Wufoo cookies include BIGipServerwufoo_http_pool, BigipServerwufoo_sitespect_pool, ep201, and ep202.
- The ShareThis function allows users to share the online content they find of interest on our web pages. These cookies are used to aggregate anonymous data on the web pages that users choose to share. ShareThis cookie names include: _stid, _uset.
- Embedded video cookies for content hosted elsewhere and served up on this site. Our video hosting services include YouTube, which has an array of cookie names including demographics, dkv, SID, HSID, SSID, APISID, SAPISID, VISITOR_INFO1_Live, and Pref. IBF Live uses Brightcove for archived videos; its cookies include BC_Bandwidth, BC_COUNTRYCODE, BC_TOKEN, BC_POD, BC_EMAIL, BC_ACCOUNT, __utma, __utmb, __utmc, and __utmz.
- Social media feeds from services including Twitter. Twitter feeds include cookies with names like guest_id, Auth_token_session, Auth_token, secure_session, twll, remember_checked, BA, external_referer, k, h, lang, twid, __utma, __utmb, __utmc, and __utmz.
What can I do about cookies?
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers. Blocking or deleting of cookies may affect some of the functionality of this website.