DW24 – a binge-fest for lovers of digital workplaces
I worked in corporate communications for a long time before reinventing my role for the digital age. In fact, I made a leap out of that world a couple of years ago, to help organizations make the most of social technologies to collaborate and progress.
The biggest lesson I’ve learned so far in rethinking the way we do things for the digital world is to realize that we don’t have all the answers. Curiosity, vulnerability and the ability to open our minds is what will drive us to shift old working habits and embrace new ways of doing things.
And there’s no better way to get ideas on how to change the way you work than to learn lessons from those who have gone before you. That’s why I’m so thrilled to be the Australian host of DW24 in February. Just like getting hooked on a can’t-avert-your-eyes Netflix series, this 24-hour, online event is a binge-fest for those who want to immerse themselves in some of the world’s best digital workplaces.
Here’s what I love about events like DW24:
- It’s an opportunity to take a look under the hood of some impressive digital workplaces.
- You’ll venture outside your backyard and bring a global take to your thinking.
- You can engage with leading digital workplace experts from around the world.
- It’s a chance to beg, borrow and steal ideas to implement in your organization.
- You’ll learn about the latest trends, as well as some tried-and-tested methods for powering up your digital workplace.
- As an Australian, I appreciate that I’m pretty far away from a lot of the world. A big benefit is being able to indulge in lots of digital workplace goodness without even leaving home.
Whether I’m helping to transform silent executives into socially engaged leaders, or encouraging people to embrace enterprise social use cases beyond simple chat, I know I’m doing the right thing in encouraging people to change the ways in which they interact, engage and will work in the future.
Stretch your brain and think differently about the possibilities for your digital workplace by getting involved in the DW24 festival in February 2019. See you there. Let’s see how long we can stay awake!
Read Rita’s recent blog – Six lessons about connection from a karaoke night out.