BYO office, ugly is dead, and other Digital Workplace news worth reading
At DWG we like to keep an eye on digital workplace news – here’s a quick round up of recent posts.
It’s all in the numbers
So you think you have a great (or terrible) digital workplace? Can you back that up with numbers?
- Research Findings: How your digital workplace is falling behind
- Great examples of Digital Workplace productivity savings
- Data and metrics in a world of ‘Digital Workplace’ opinion
Back to the office
New ways of working took a hit this month as Yahoo! and Best Buy swung back from flexible to traditional work styles.
- RIP WFH: Yahoo! calls time on homeworking
- Welcome to the Past: Best Buy Embraces Last Century Management Practices
- Most Americans want virtual work, but expect traditional office
Shifting sands of government IT
Is the promise of digital government being realized? And if so, is it happening quickly enough?
- Government could cut ICT bill by 32% with better flexible working
- Government IT: once a laggard now a leader?
- Get ready for a seismic shift in federal IT
Consumerized: enterprise tech
As attention (and investment) swings from consumer to enterprise start ups, will the UX of enterprise tech get a boost?
- The Enterprise Cool Kids
- Consumerization of tech: The new enterprise disruptor
- Ugly is dead: YouEarnedIt and the consumerization of enterprise software
Bring Your Own [fill in the blanks]
“Bring Your Own” comes in several flavours – from phones to PCs and even to offices.
- The Bring Your Own Software trend – and why it will be brief
- Bring your own device could spell end for work PC
- The birth of Bring Your Own Office
Dear Digital Workers
Tech writers debate (rather hotly) the ins and outs of digital etiquette.
- Redefining etiquette in the Digital Era (Nick Bilton, NY times has a rant)
- A Guide to Advanced Digital Etiquette (Rebecca Greenfield, Atlantic Wire responds)
- The future of online etiquette is already here — it’s just unevenly distributed (Matthew Ingram, Gigaom responds)
Categorised in: Digital workplace, Metrics & measurement, Research reports