Thanks for visiting the Digital Workplace Group (DWG) website. You'll see this post may refer to the "Intranet Benchmarking Forum (IBF)," the "Digital Workplace Forum (DWF)" or "IBF Live." But that doesn't match our website name!
In a nutshell, we merged IBF and DWF into one service and changed our name to "Digital Workplace Group." The new name represents the broader set of services we've grown to offer, beyond an original focus on just intranets. We also changed the name of our monthly webinar from "IBF Live" to "Digital Workplace Live."
Although we've relabelled things, we're proud of our decade+ history and have left this page intact. Enjoy your time on our site and please contact us with any questions or comments.
At DWF we like to keep an eye on digital workplace news – here’s a quick round up from November.
2013 and beyond
As 2012 draws rapidly to a close it’s time to think about what lies ahead in 2013 and beyond for the digital workplace:
- 10 digital workplace trends for 2013
- 10 workplace tech trends SMEs need to know and understand
- What could the future of work look like?
Reflecting on Sandy
In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, reflections on what it means for new ways of working:
- Hurricane Sandy Shows It’s Time to Embrace Workplace Flexibility
- Why virtual working should never be frustrating
- Sandy Puts Mobile Workers to the Test
Send me an email
So we’re still living out of our inboxes, but it isn’t all bad press for email this month:
- Is email really the nemesis of better collaboration software?
- Is email (really) improving social collaboration?
- Social, Cloud, Collaboration Bolster New E-Mail Growth
DW in numbers
This month’s numbers reflect the race to equip frontline workers – as Paul Miller writes, forget the office workers:
- Barclays buys 8,500 iPads in one of the biggest corporate tablet rollouts in the UK
- Forget iPads: Emirates to outfit flight attendants with 1,000 HP Windows 8 tablets
- Royal Mail to order 120,000 mobile devices worth up to £300m
Something to read over the holiday season, or perhaps a geekish gift:
- Virtually True: A Novelist’s Search for the Future of Work
- The M Factor: How the Millenial Generation is Rocking the Workplace
- The Digital Workplace: How Technology is Liberating Work
Have you thought about?
And finally some food for thought on emerging issues for the digital (and physical) workplace: