Today’s digital workplace includes the intranet, virtual meeting tools, enterprise applications, & HR self service — delivered wherever workers are.
Enterprise mobility is a key components to enable this new way of working. Top executives, intranet managers, and IT are increasingly focused on mobile information delivery and creating internal app stores.
In most organisations, there are many employees who spend some or all of their working day outside the office working with customers and suppliers and on business development. Although these employees have a very direct impact on revenue generation and on profit margins, they have until now had very limited access to corporate information.
Mobile changes everything
With the advent of broadband mobile technologies, intranet managers now have the possibility of delivering a range of content and functionality to these employees. However, implementing these applications can be a significant challenge for intranet teams using current content management systems (CMS) and search applications, because of the very different design parameters for mobile applications.
The factors to consider with planning and delivery include:
- mobile connectivity: availability and bandwidth
- mobile productivity: data / information usage context
- fieldforce automation: cloud and other delivery platforms for applications
- devices: BYOD (“Bring Your Own Device”), resolution
- user experience: information architecture, touch interactions, and design
- security: protecting proprietary information
HungryFEED can't get feed. Don't be mad at HungryFEED. SimplePie reported: cURL error 6: Could not resolve: feeds.delicious.com (Domain name not found)