The digital workplace is far more than the intranet plus a range of other technology services…
We think the best analogy is to a transportation system. If the intranet is the “train”, then other technologies are other forms of transport – buses, water, cars, planes. Together, the integration and flows between the forms provides not only an integrated way of moving people and things but also transforms the lives of the people involved.
Seen in this light, the digital workplace can’t be defined in such simple and narrow terms as the component parts can be described.
12 Essential Readings on the Digital Workplace
- So what is the digital workplace anyway?
- Why do most organizations ignore the digital workplace?
- Why is the intranet still important in the era of the digital workplace?
- Should the intranet team manage the digital workplace?
- What’s different between intranet management and digital workplace management?
- What’s the employee’s view of the digital workplace?
- Enterprise mobility or mobile intranet?
- Millenial schmillenial: debunking myths about generational digital working habits
- Will the digital workplace evolve like the intranet did? I hope not.
- With the digital workplace, focus is everything
- Digital workplace projects: how to understand users through segmentation & personas
- How user experience debt bankrupts your digital workplace
Is YOUR organization adapting?
Where do you start with your digital workplace strategy? Who do you involve? Our Digital Workplace Checklist draws from extensive research into best practices and provides a list of targeted activities to guide effective implementations.
Recent resources on the Digital Workplace
At DWG we’re very proud of our research programme. In more than a decade of data-gathering analysis and documenting leading practices, we’ve delivered over 70 detailed reports on intranets, digital workplaces and digital transformation. In fact, our members have told ...
When most organizations develop a digital workplace strategy, or design an intranet which seeks to be a “front door” to that wider digital workplace, they are almost always seeking to create a more integrated experience of disparate systems, data and ...
The Digital Workplace Impact podcast explores the ideas, practices and people impacting the new digital worlds of work. For each episode Paul Miller, the Founder and CEO of Digital Workplace Group, meets interesting and inspiring people who are pushing digital ...