The digital workplace is far more than the intranet plus a range of other technology services…
We think the best analogy is to a transportation system. If the intranet is the “train”, then other technologies are other forms of transport – buses, water, cars, planes. Together, the integration and flows between the forms provides not only an integrated way of moving people and things but also transforms the lives of the people involved.
Seen in this light, the digital workplace can’t be defined in such simple and narrow terms as the component parts can be described.
12 Essential Readings on the Digital Workplace
- So what is the digital workplace anyway?
- Why do most organizations ignore the digital workplace?
- Why is the intranet still important in the era of the digital workplace?
- Should the intranet team manage the digital workplace?
- What’s different between intranet management and digital workplace management?
- What’s the employee’s view of the digital workplace?
- Enterprise mobility or mobile intranet?
- Millenial schmillenial: debunking myths about generational digital working habits
- Will the digital workplace evolve like the intranet did? I hope not.
- With the digital workplace, focus is everything
- Digital workplace projects: how to understand users through segmentation & personas
- How user experience debt bankrupts your digital workplace
Is YOUR organization adapting?
Where do you start with your digital workplace strategy? Who do you involve? Our Digital Workplace Checklist draws from extensive research into best practices and provides a list of targeted activities to guide effective implementations.
Recent resources on the Digital Workplace
Four takeaways from leading digital workplace teams revealed by the Digital Workplace Impact podcast
Insights to help your digital workplace journey Producing the Digital Workplace Impact podcast means we get to speak to some excellent teams who are at the cutting edge of digital workplace practice. It’s a real pleasure to connect with the early ...
How in sync do your physical and digital workplaces feel? Is your physical environment – wherever that may be – optimized to support the digital tools you’re using? Does it feel like digital is being harnessed to better manage the ...
As 2019 draws to a close, Paul looks back and reflects on the 14 Digital Workplace Impact episodes launched this year – and pauses for thought on what 2020 has in store. This year, our podcasts have charted successful digital workplace ...