The digital workplace is far more than the intranet plus a range of other technology services…
We think the best analogy is to a transportation system. If the intranet is the “train”, then other technologies are other forms of transport – buses, water, cars, planes. Together, the integration and flows between the forms provides not only an integrated way of moving people and things but also transforms the lives of the people involved.
Seen in this light, the digital workplace can’t be defined in such simple and narrow terms as the component parts can be described.
12 Essential Readings on the Digital Workplace
- So what is the digital workplace anyway?
- Why do most organizations ignore the digital workplace?
- Why is the intranet still important in the era of the digital workplace?
- Should the intranet team manage the digital workplace?
- What’s different between intranet management and digital workplace management?
- What’s the employee’s view of the digital workplace?
- Enterprise mobility or mobile intranet?
- Millenial schmillenial: debunking myths about generational digital working habits
- Will the digital workplace evolve like the intranet did? I hope not.
- With the digital workplace, focus is everything
- Digital workplace projects: how to understand users through segmentation & personas
- How user experience debt bankrupts your digital workplace
Is YOUR organization adapting?
Where do you start with your digital workplace strategy? Who do you involve? Our Digital Workplace Checklist draws from extensive research into best practices and provides a list of targeted activities to guide effective implementations.
Recent resources on the Digital Workplace
In new research from DWG, experienced practitioner Luke Mepham (Service Owner for Collaboration and Messaging at Aviva) considers the opportunities and challenges for organizations of using the extended suite of products offered by Office 365. Here he reflects on his ...
Entries are now open for the 2020 Digital Workplace of the Year Awards. Now in their fourth year, the Awards have already attracted an impressive and diverse set of entries from around the world and across different sectors. Last year, ...
Modern digital workplaces and the individual tools within them have the potential to transform organizations and the way they operate. Real-time dashboards of critical data should enable laser-sharp decisions. Communication and collaboration tools should accelerate the decision-making process. Social networks ...