The digital workplace is far more than the intranet plus a range of other technology services…
We think the best analogy is to a transportation system. If the intranet is the “train”, then other technologies are other forms of transport – buses, water, cars, planes. Together, the integration and flows between the forms provides not only an integrated way of moving people and things but also transforms the lives of the people involved.
Seen in this light, the digital workplace can’t be defined in such simple and narrow terms as the component parts can be described.
12 Essential Readings on the Digital Workplace
- So what is the digital workplace anyway?
- Why do most organizations ignore the digital workplace?
- Why is the intranet still important in the era of the digital workplace?
- Should the intranet team manage the digital workplace?
- What’s different between intranet management and digital workplace management?
- What’s the employee’s view of the digital workplace?
- Enterprise mobility or mobile intranet?
- Millenial schmillenial: debunking myths about generational digital working habits
- Will the digital workplace evolve like the intranet did? I hope not.
- With the digital workplace, focus is everything
- Digital workplace projects: how to understand users through segmentation & personas
- How user experience debt bankrupts your digital workplace
Is YOUR organization adapting?
Where do you start with your digital workplace strategy? Who do you involve? Our Digital Workplace Checklist draws from extensive research into best practices and provides a list of targeted activities to guide effective implementations.
Recent resources on the Digital Workplace
In the past year, the Digital Workplace Impact podcast has continued to go from strength to strength, broadcasting more than 20 episodes covering a range of essential digital workplace topics and involving a fascinating mix of thought leaders, practitioners and ...
Employee experience post-pandemic: A time for recalibration During the last 10 years, a wonderful evolution has taken place in top-rated workplaces, as they’ve recognized that employee experience (EX) is a competitive differentiator in attracting and retaining top talent. Much of the ...
We live in a time of unprecedented digital workplace “wealth”. The knowledge, connectivity and tools at our fingertips afford us new possibilities in how we work. And this year, we’ve seen just how essential this is in order to keep ...