The digital workplace is far more than the intranet plus a range of other technology services…
We think the best analogy is to a transportation system. If the intranet is the “train”, then other technologies are other forms of transport – buses, water, cars, planes. Together, the integration and flows between the forms provides not only an integrated way of moving people and things but also transforms the lives of the people involved.
Seen in this light, the digital workplace can’t be defined in such simple and narrow terms as the component parts can be described.
12 Essential Readings on the Digital Workplace
- So what is the digital workplace anyway?
- Why do most organizations ignore the digital workplace?
- Why is the intranet still important in the era of the digital workplace?
- Should the intranet team manage the digital workplace?
- What’s different between intranet management and digital workplace management?
- What’s the employee’s view of the digital workplace?
- Enterprise mobility or mobile intranet?
- Millenial schmillenial: debunking myths about generational digital working habits
- Will the digital workplace evolve like the intranet did? I hope not.
- With the digital workplace, focus is everything
- Digital workplace projects: how to understand users through segmentation & personas
- How user experience debt bankrupts your digital workplace
Is YOUR organization adapting?
Where do you start with your digital workplace strategy? Who do you involve? Our Digital Workplace Checklist draws from extensive research into best practices and provides a list of targeted activities to guide effective implementations.
Recent resources on the Digital Workplace
Companies that get digital leadership right are 38% more likely to report strong revenue and profit growth, and 24% more likely to have satisfied employees.1 However, most companies lack digital capability in the boardroom and many employees think their leaders ...
Clayton Christensen, a renowned Harvard Business School professor and author of the landmark book The Innovator’s Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Big Firms to Fail, created a method for asking “What jobs do customers hire a product for?” By applying ...
Strong performance across all the award criteria made BNY Mellon’s digital workplace a clear winner in the 2017 Awards, announced in June. It was hard to fault either the ambitious, business-focused strategy or the accompanying robust governance framework with its ...