The digital workplace is far more than the intranet plus a range of other technology services…
We think the best analogy is to a transportation system. If the intranet is the “train”, then other technologies are other forms of transport – buses, water, cars, planes. Together, the integration and flows between the forms provides not only an integrated way of moving people and things but also transforms the lives of the people involved.
Seen in this light, the digital workplace can’t be defined in such simple and narrow terms as the component parts can be described.
12 Essential Readings on the Digital Workplace
- So what is the digital workplace anyway?
- Why do most organizations ignore the digital workplace?
- Why is the intranet still important in the era of the digital workplace?
- Should the intranet team manage the digital workplace?
- What’s different between intranet management and digital workplace management?
- What’s the employee’s view of the digital workplace?
- Enterprise mobility or mobile intranet?
- Millenial schmillenial: debunking myths about generational digital working habits
- Will the digital workplace evolve like the intranet did? I hope not.
- With the digital workplace, focus is everything
- Digital workplace projects: how to understand users through segmentation & personas
- How user experience debt bankrupts your digital workplace
Is YOUR organization adapting?
Where do you start with your digital workplace strategy? Who do you involve? Our Digital Workplace Checklist draws from extensive research into best practices and provides a list of targeted activities to guide effective implementations.
Recent resources on the Digital Workplace
I’ll start with a story that for me reveals how profound the changes currently encircling the world of work (both digital and physical) are. In September 2019, I gave an address at the Washington, DC headquarters of DWG member and client, ...
Where are you working from today? Are you in an office space dedicated to your employer and colleagues? A co-working space occupied by any number and diversity of organizations? A café? Library? Home? Anywhere and everywhere? Time was the answer to ...
With 1.5 million employees, Walmart has one of the largest intranets in the world. In addition, it is clever enough to distinguish between whether an employee is logging in within their working hours or “off the clock”. Tune in and learn ...