The digital workplace is far more than the intranet plus a range of other technology services…
We think the best analogy is to a transportation system. If the intranet is the “train”, then other technologies are other forms of transport – buses, water, cars, planes. Together, the integration and flows between the forms provides not only an integrated way of moving people and things but also transforms the lives of the people involved.
Seen in this light, the digital workplace can’t be defined in such simple and narrow terms as the component parts can be described.
12 Essential Readings on the Digital Workplace
- So what is the digital workplace anyway?
- Why do most organizations ignore the digital workplace?
- Why is the intranet still important in the era of the digital workplace?
- Should the intranet team manage the digital workplace?
- What’s different between intranet management and digital workplace management?
- What’s the employee’s view of the digital workplace?
- Enterprise mobility or mobile intranet?
- Millenial schmillenial: debunking myths about generational digital working habits
- Will the digital workplace evolve like the intranet did? I hope not.
- With the digital workplace, focus is everything
- Digital workplace projects: how to understand users through segmentation & personas
- How user experience debt bankrupts your digital workplace
Is YOUR organization adapting?
Where do you start with your digital workplace strategy? Who do you involve? Our Digital Workplace Checklist draws from extensive research into best practices and provides a list of targeted activities to guide effective implementations.
Recent resources on the Digital Workplace
Over the past three years or so, “Working Out Loud” (WOL) as a term and a concept has gained popularity to an extent that perhaps nobody could have anticipated. It’s a topic that DWG and its members have kept ...
The digital workplace is a fast-moving area in which new technologies and tools are continually being introduced and teams are experimenting, innovating and learning. Even the humble intranet has gone through a transformation in recent years, emerging as a user-centred ...
Shared with permission from the Microsoft Envisioning team Building 33 on the beautiful, peaceful campus of Microsoft’s HQ just outside of Seattle houses a fascinating center of the future of work (and life) and it keeps being freshly reimagined. ...