Thanks for visiting the Digital Workplace Group (DWG) website. You'll see this post may refer to the "Intranet Benchmarking Forum (IBF)," the "Digital Workplace Forum (DWF)" or "IBF Live." But that doesn't match our website name!
In a nutshell, we merged IBF and DWF into one service and changed our name to "Digital Workplace Group." The new name represents the broader set of services we've grown to offer, beyond an original focus on just intranets. We also changed the name of our monthly webinar from "IBF Live" to "Digital Workplace Live."
Although we've relabelled things, we're proud of our decade+ history and have left this page intact. Enjoy your time on our site and please contact us with any questions or comments.
At DWG we like to keep an eye on digital workplace news – here’s a quick round up of recent posts.
It’s all in the numbers
So you think you have a great (or terrible) digital workplace? Can you back that up with numbers?
- Research Findings: How your digital workplace is falling behind
- Great examples of Digital Workplace productivity savings
- Data and metrics in a world of ‘Digital Workplace’ opinion
Back to the office
New ways of working took a hit this month as Yahoo! and Best Buy swung back from flexible to traditional work styles.
- RIP WFH: Yahoo! calls time on homeworking
- Welcome to the Past: Best Buy Embraces Last Century Management Practices
- Most Americans want virtual work, but expect traditional office
Shifting sands of government IT
Is the promise of digital government being realized? And if so, is it happening quickly enough?
- Government could cut ICT bill by 32% with better flexible working
- Government IT: once a laggard now a leader?
- Get ready for a seismic shift in federal IT
Consumerized: enterprise tech
As attention (and investment) swings from consumer to enterprise start ups, will the UX of enterprise tech get a boost?
- The Enterprise Cool Kids
- Consumerization of tech: The new enterprise disruptor
- Ugly is dead: YouEarnedIt and the consumerization of enterprise software
Bring Your Own [fill in the blanks]
“Bring Your Own” comes in several flavours – from phones to PCs and even to offices.
- The Bring Your Own Software trend – and why it will be brief
- Bring your own device could spell end for work PC
- The birth of Bring Your Own Office
Dear Digital Workers
Tech writers debate (rather hotly) the ins and outs of digital etiquette.
- Redefining etiquette in the Digital Era (Nick Bilton, NY times has a rant)
- A Guide to Advanced Digital Etiquette (Rebecca Greenfield, Atlantic Wire responds)
- The future of online etiquette is already here — it’s just unevenly distributed (Matthew Ingram, Gigaom responds)