Digital workplace fundamentals
This report suggests a blueprint for launching a successful digital workplace initiative anchored on two key prerequisites, namely scope (what is included) and approach (how it is delivered). Among the key takeaways highlighted in this report are:
- The digital workplace permeates all aspects of working life. It affects technology, physical workplaces and people. Changes made in one area may result in changes in another.
- Cross-functional teams increase the chances of a project successfully meeting its outcomes.
- The benefits of a cross-functional delivery team include access to expert knowledge, discovery of project-critical information and better ways of working going forwards.
- While most organizations involve senior leaders as stakeholders in their digital programmes, as well as IT, HR and Marketing, Real Estate functions tend to be under-represented.
- Many organizations do not have representation from key stakeholders on the delivery team itself.
This report is available as a free download. Please refer to the DWG Research Terms & Conditions of Usage before downloading.
For general inquiries: email@example.com or telephone +44 (0) 20 7374 8061.
About DWG research
The Digital Workplace Group (DWG) carries out research into best practice in intranet and portal deployment. Covering the hottest topics in the intranet world, the studies we undertake are rooted in practical examples from among DWG member organizations as well as leading non-member companies. The results of this in-depth research act as a basis for decision-making, a source of ideas, and the basis for rich interactions between participants at DWG meetings. Generally, members are given exclusive access to our findings, although we do from time to time make a report available to non-members.