The digital workplace is far more than the intranet plus a range of other technology services…
We think the best analogy is to a transportation system. If the intranet is the “train”, then other technologies are other forms of transport – buses, water, cars, planes. Together, the integration and flows between the forms provides not only an integrated way of moving people and things but also transforms the lives of the people involved.
Seen in this light, the digital workplace can’t be defined in such simple and narrow terms as the component parts can be described.
12 Essential Readings on the Digital Workplace
- So what is the digital workplace anyway?
- Why do most organizations ignore the digital workplace?
- Why is the intranet still important in the era of the digital workplace?
- Should the intranet team manage the digital workplace?
- What’s different between intranet management and digital workplace management?
- What’s the employee’s view of the digital workplace?
- Enterprise mobility or mobile intranet?
- Millenial schmillenial: debunking myths about generational digital working habits
- Will the digital workplace evolve like the intranet did? I hope not.
- With the digital workplace, focus is everything
- Digital workplace projects: how to understand users through segmentation & personas
- How user experience debt bankrupts your digital workplace
Is YOUR organization adapting?
Where do you start with your digital workplace strategy? Who do you involve? Our Digital Workplace Checklist draws from extensive research into best practices and provides a list of targeted activities to guide effective implementations.
Recent resources on the Digital Workplace
We have now completed 10 Digital Workplace Maturity evaluations as benchmarks and the insights are fascinating. If you haven’t come across our Digital Workplace Maturity Model, it is a high-level view of an organization’s digital working environment. We look at ...
Take a REAL break from the digital workplace. Can we? And, if so, should we? In my early graduate training days at Boots, my first manager taught me that being a good manager meant the office could function without you. Of ...
This latest episode in our series of Digital Workplace Impact podcasts asks how do you go about measuring the impact of a digital workplace on overall business objectives. Paul Miller is joined by two pioneers (and fellow colleagues), Andrew Marr ...