Working with DWG
DWG is a fascinating place to work. We engage in transformational projects, working flexibly and creatively to produce powerful results that our clients and colleagues love.
If your skills match our needs, you will work with a team of 40 people, mainly in the UK, Europe and the US. Our tight-knit organization consists of a small group of central employees plus a circle of highly qualified freelance suppliers in specialized fields, with whom we work regularly.
DWG is a fast-paced company, challenging and fun. Our core values are openness and collaboration. All ideas are listened to and improvements to our systems and processes can be implemented quickly.
We’re looking for established freelancers willing to work part-time and flex to suit changing project needs. It’s the perfect opportunity for those seeking to combine high-value project work with other aspects of their portfolio career or priorities in their work/life mix. Work is mostly home-based and will vary according to client needs. We would not expect our project managers to work more than three days a week.
We run DWG as a networked organization, making full use of the latest online communication and web-conferencing tools. While we have an established project methodology that our team must follow, this doesn’t create the pressured environment you might have experienced in the past.
Project Managers (UK and/or USA)
In this role you will:
- be responsible for: fulfilment of client deliverables; ensuring projects are completed on time, to budget and required standards through effective and appropriate liaison with consultants, clients and stakeholders; establishing and maintaining project plans; and other necessary project documentation for engagements
- continually ensure project expectations are met for both the client and DWG
- schedule, align and track resources, milestones and deliverables against plans and proactively chase or recommend changes where necessary
- own the client relationship on behalf of DWG for each project, keeping clients up-to-date on project progress and organizing weekly calls for larger engagements
- proactively manage scope changes, identifying requirements, assessing impact and initiating a change request where necessary
- with the Programme Management Office, manage Basecamp folders for each project, ensuring content is always up to date
- proactively chase and coordinate with consultants to ensure that work is delivered on time
- deliver weekly and monthly internal reports as required. These include a monthly resource report and a weekly progress report for each engagement, detailing movement on key deliverables for the past/present week and their impact
- ensure our editorial team have adequate notice of upcoming requirements and are available when needed
- identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team, devise contingency plans and escalate issues/risks as appropriate.
We are a very supportive team and a pretty friendly bunch of people. Between us we have hundreds of years of experience to share and are happy to do so. There’s usually someone around who can help, but we also have very high standards and expect the best.
To be part of this team you need to be:
- immediately authoritative in your area and able to elicit co-operation across a broad spectrum of clients, consultants and stakeholders
- able to co-ordinate a variety of solutions into one or more projects, bringing a breadth of experience to the project and seeing the wider implication at all stages
- very well organised and able to prioritise and execute tasks within a fast-paced environment
- extremely detail oriented and quality driven
- a team player and happy to share your expertise with others on your project team
- able to develop strong virtual working relationships across our globally diverse team
- self-sufficient in how you work and at supporting your own technology
- a natural communicator in English, both to share project progress and ask for help, at all the right times
- flexible in your working style
- able to employ excellent writing and presentation skills and an excellent telephone manner
- an advanced user of basic MS Office programmes, e.g. Word, Excel, Project.
At least three years’ relevant project management experience, delivering projects as a service to external clients, ideally related to digital.
PRINCE2 qualified, or an advanced user of other project management tools and methods such as MS Project; working knowledge or appreciation of agile development models.
An established freelancer, experienced at working with or for Fortune 1000 organizations, ideally in the intranet or digital workplace fields.