At DWG we’re very proud of our research programme. In over a decade of data-gathering analysis and documenting leading practices, we’ve delivered more than 70 detailed reports on intranets, digital workplaces and digital transformation. In fact, our members have told us this is one of the most valued aspects of membership.
However, not all of our research is exclusive to the DWG membership; we occasionally share our latest thinking or insights with our wider community. One such element is the output from our annual survey of member and non-member intranets and digital workplaces. This provides an incredibly valuable snapshot for those participating in the survey of where everybody is on their intranet and digital workplace journeys.
Take our 15 to 20-minute survey
Your 15-minute investment of time will give you exclusive access to the overview results and analysis. These can help bolster a senior management presentation, business case or discussions with senior stakeholders. Your organization’s individual data will be kept private and only referenced as part of the aggregate results.
The survey covers themes such as which technology is used, the state of mobile intranets, strategic priorities, digital workplace programmes, and more.
Of course, survey replies aren’t the same as benchmarking or in-depth research, but they do provide valuable statistics and insights. These can help bolster a senior management presentation or business case, or seed discussions with stakeholders.
Insights from last year
Here are a few snippets from last year’s survey:
- 78% of all intranets are owned or co-owned by the communications function, but only 31% own the “digital workplace” – similar results to the previous year.
- On average, 86% of the workforce can access the intranet, similar to previous years.
- 56% of intranets show different views or content based on a user’s profile.
- While just 13% of organizations now provide no mobile access to the intranet, only 50% have a view which is actually optimized for mobile devices.
- Only 23% of organizations have a formal digital workplace initiative or function.
- Over half of all organizations were planning to deploy chatbots over the next 18 months.
- Defining a digital workplace strategy or roadmap is the most important strategic priority for organizations.
Here’s the all-important survey link
To get more insights, take the survey
Please note that the deadline to complete the survey is December 20, 2018.
We look forward to hearing about your intranet and digital workplace, and sharing the results with survey participants in early 2019.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
BOOK YOUR SEAT FOR DIGITAL WORKPLACE 24
DIGITAL WORKPLACE ADOPTION STRATEGIES