Thanks for visiting the Digital Workplace Group (DWG) website. You'll see this post may refer to the "Intranet Benchmarking Forum (IBF)," the "Digital Workplace Forum (DWF)" or "IBF Live." But that doesn't match our website name!
In a nutshell, we merged IBF and DWF into one service and changed our name to "Digital Workplace Group." The new name represents the broader set of services we've grown to offer, beyond an original focus on just intranets. We also changed the name of our monthly webinar from "IBF Live" to "Digital Workplace Live."
Although we've relabelled things, we're proud of our decade+ history and have left this page intact. Enjoy your time on our site and please contact us with any questions or comments.
11.00 GMT. Welcome to Intranet Life’s coverage of IBF 24, a unique global online event hosted by the Digital Workplace Group. Over the next 24 hours, delegates from around the world will be taking part in a series of presentations and discussions on how global intranets are transforming communication, collaboration and productivity – all without leaving their desks.
In a packed and lively agenda, visitors will:
- Go live to the world’s best intranets, including those run by American Electric Power, the BBC, BT, IBM, IKEA, Microsoft, Nissan and Nokia.
- Hear keynote speakers, including former Al Gore aide Dan Pink, Engin Yilmaz of Google and Kirk Koenigsbauer of Microsoft.
- Take part in master classes run by expert practitioners.
- Join online breakout discussions with their peers worldwide.
- Access all this online (no travel, no hotels, no wasted time, minimal carbon footprint).
IBF 24 takes place from 11:00 am GMT today (Wednesday June 18). It is divided into three eight-hour segments – for Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific. The whole day is being run exclusively online using the latest Microsoft Live Meeting system.
We’ll be posting regular bulletins on this blog to give a flavour of this groundbreaking event and highlight some of the key issues raised. Further coverage will appear in due course on our public website and secure members’ extranets.