Working with DWG
DWG is a fascinating place to work because it combines flexibility, transformational work and a creative experience with hard work and powerful results that clients and colleagues love.
If your skills match our needs, you will work with a team of 40 people, mainly in the UK, Europe and the US. DWG is made up of a small group of central employees plus a circle of highly qualified freelance suppliers in specialized fields, whom we work with regularly. We run DWG as a networked organization, making full use of the latest online communication tools and web conferencing.
Digital Workplace Strategy Consultant
As a DWG Strategy Consultant you will be able to:
- contribute to proposals by designing methodologies that meet client briefs and objectives
- lead engagements with our clients defining overall approach and outputs, as well as work as part of a wider team delivering against previously defined methodologies
- co-create and articulate a vision, strategy and high-level roadmap for the client that resonates and aligns with corporate and business objectives
- define and document client-specific strategy and governance models
- lead data collection through interviews, workshops and desk research
- provide analysis, conclusions and recommendations based on industry best practice, DWG knowledge and your own experience and expertise
- be willing and able to adapt to implementing the benchmarking methodology developed and offered through DWG
- when benchmarking, review benchmarking analysis of others and be reviewed by other DWG freelance consultants as part of our stringent quality control process
- provide written assessment reports with strong recommendations for improvement, based on experience
- deliver inspiring presentations of findings and recommendations to DWG clients and members, either remotely by web conference or in person
- support and develop DWG’s benchmarking methodology and consultancy offerings
- occasionally author expert blog posts and/or original research reports in your specialized field
- lead learning sessions at DWG member meetings, both face to face and online.
We are a very supportive team and a pretty friendly bunch of people. Between us we have hundreds of years of experience to share and are happy to do so. There’s usually someone around who can help, but we also have very high standards and expect the best.
To be part of this team you need to be:
- immediately authoritative in your area and experienced in presenting your opinions and knowledge
- able to build relationships and rapport across a wide range of clients
- a great presenter, able to engage with the audience, create rapport and draw on experience, practical examples and case studies to address questions and challenges
- exceptionally well organized, detail oriented and quality driven
- able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- a team player and happy to share expertise with others on your project team
- able to develop strong virtual working relationships across our globally diverse team
- self-sufficient in how you work and at supporting your own technology
- a natural communicator in English, both to share project progress, and ask for help, at all the right times
- flexible in your working style
- have excellent writing and presentation skills and an excellent telephone manner
- an advanced user of basic MS Office programmes, e.g. Word, Excel, Project.
You will be expected to have expertise in some or all of the following activities and areas, gained through working with FT500/Fortune 1000 organizations, either from within or as clients.
- defining strategy and roadmaps
- developing and engaging senior management support and identifying direction
- adoption and exploitation of related services
- defining policies and standards to ensure sustainability and quality
- measuring usage and effective, and communicating benefits
- alignment of all tools with key business outcomes such as Internal Communications, Employee Engagement, Knowledge Management, Business Excellence and Efficiency.
In areas such as:
- corporate intranets
- content management platforms
- collaboration and social platforms
- corporate directories and people-finders
- intranet and enterprise search
- digital workplace technologies such as unified communications and enterprise mobility.